- Guests who are senior citizens or have children below 6 years of age accompanying them be informed that the property is spread out and located at different levels accessible by steps. Parents and attendants are responsible for the safety of the accompanying children who may need supervision in some sections of the property.
- The guest rooms, restaurant and all enclosed areas are non-smoking. Smoking is strictly prohibited in the no-smoking areas. A one-time charge of INR5000.00 (per room) towards additional maintenance shall be levied on guests who smoke in non-designated areas.
- The winters in the mountains can be harsh. Sudden heavy rainfall and snowfall can block roads and access to supplies, including power supply. Though the Hotel provides for adequate storage of raw material and power backup to deal with exigencies, and takes all possible steps to ensure no inconvenience is caused to the guests, the guests are requested to bear with us in the event of such disruption. By confirming the reservation, the guest acknowledges that he or she understands and is fully aware of the inconvenience associated.
- Walking in the snow and on frost can be dangerous and guests are requested to take care to avoid any accident or hurt.
- Although Front Desk can be accessed 24 hours on phone, it is not physically manned after 8 pm.
- There are wild animals, reptiles and insects in the mountains and forests around Te Aroha. These can be dangerous whilst on the premises or outside, on trek or otherwise. The nature of the terrain of the Hotel and around includes multiple levels of contours, steep hillsides and slippery rocks. Guests are requested to be mindful of these hazards. By confirming the reservation, the guest acknowledges that he or she understands and is fully aware of the dangers and risks associated. At times, when staff may accompany the guests on the treks, the guests acknowledges that such staff are not certified guides and are only accompanying for providing hospitality.
- We discourage guests from playing loud music, to prevent inconvenience to the other guests.
- Utilising hospitality services during a period of epidemics, pandemics or other infections involves risks. Although the Hotel takes all possible precautions, the management will not be responsible for any harm caused to any guests. By confirming the reservation, the guest acknowledges that he or she understands and is fully aware of the dangers and risks associated.
- The snow peaked mountains are visible only from October to February depending on the weather conditions.
Waiver and Indemnity
- The guest undertakes to waive all claims of whatsoever cause or nature howsoever arising against the owners of Te Aroha, Treepie and member of staff of Te Aroha which might arise out of any harm, injury, illness, death or loss suffered whilst on the premises or outside and whether arising from an act of commission or omission on the part of those hereby indemnified or anyone of them.
- By confirming reservation, the guest indemnify and hold harmless and free, the owners of Te Aroha, Treepie and member of staff of Te Aroha, their associates, directors and employees and/or any person connected whether directly or indirectly with the running of the Hotel and its activities and fellow guest/invitee from any and all claims of whatsoever cause or nature which may arise on behalf of my spouse, common law wife, my children, whether minor or adult, or relatives and/or persons included as a part of this reservation that the guest has made, whilst on the premises or property of Te Aroha and whether arising from an act of commission or omission.
- Payment to meet for emergency medical treatment for and on behalf of any guest by Treepie Hospitality in the event of injury or illness, shall not amount to or be deemed as an admission of liability by Treepie.